Forum Home Forum Home > User Discussions and Community Support > Policies and Settings for Enterprise Clients
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Firefox Open dialog before scan

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwarner1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Firefox Open dialog before scan
    Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 2:25pm
Hello All!

We are starting to move forward with our testing, and one of the things that I'm wondering about is why the Client prompts to close Firefox before a scan? The exact message is as follows ( pic attached):

"Identity Finder may not be able to search Firefox form data while Firefox is open. If you do not close the application, Firefox form data may be skipped. You may manually close the application now or have Identity Finder close it for you. Would you like Identity Finder to close the application now?"

It's not a HUGE issue, but I'm also wondering why it doesn't ask other browsers like Internet Explorer or Google Chrome to close? Is there a setting that I can change so this prompt won't, well, prompt?

The reason I'm asking is because we are telling our users that they will be able to work while the scan is running. I want to avoid telling them they can work, as long as they don't use Firefox.

Thanks!

Reggie.
uploads/34/FF_open.jpg
"For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them." - Aristotle
rwarner1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwarner1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 2:45pm
Hello!

I guess this will be helpful for anyone else who has this problem.

I found the setting: IncludeFormDatainFFoxSearch in the policy. Changing this setting to disabled fixes this prompt, but at the same time doesn't include the form data in a search. This is acceptable for us, but you will have to evaluate it on your own.

Reggie.

"For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them." - Aristotle
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic