Forum Home Forum Home > Feature Requests > Identity Finder Enterprise Console
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Report delete - list reports using as feeder

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwoodruff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Report delete - list reports using as feeder
    Posted: 09 Feb 2012 at 11:50am
When trying to delete a report and that report is a dependency of other reports, you are presented with a warning box that says the report is in use. The report is not deleted, which is great, preventing other reports from being broken.

To resolve those dependency issues, it would be helpful to be able to retrieve a list of all dependent reports for a report. The delete warning dialog box could show it, or what would be even better would be to show it in the report definition. So when editing a report, on the main "Report" tab, you could show a list of all the other reports that depend on the one I'm editing. That way I would know which ones are going to be affected with any changes I make, and which ones are preventing me from deleting it. The full folder path to the dependencies would be great, something like "Common Reports -> cool subfolder -> My Awesome Report 1"

Thanks,
Dan
Product Management View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Product Management Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2012 at 12:09pm
Thank you for the feedback.  In the forthcoming version of the console, 6.0, we have addressed this concern with a solution essentially as you described.

The Report tab for each report (when editing the report) contains the following fields:

Report Title (same as today)
The checkbox for joining (same as today)

Description - a new text field that (if populated) will appear above the report column headers when viewing the report
Design Notes - a new text field that only appears on this page, when editing the report or viewing the report definition
Relationships to this report - a new list box that shows the name of every report that has a relationship to the existing report.
dwoodruff View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwoodruff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2012 at 1:31pm
Thanks for the update, this sounds great!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic